Covid-19 Airport Regulations
View all covid-19 aiport regulations as listed here
Kigali Airport is again operational. Commercial flights to and from Rwanda are operating, though not at full capacity. For the most up-to-date information, contact your travel operator or airline.
Entry To Rwanda
This is mandatory for all incoming passengers.
- All travelers arriving in Rwanda must present a negative COVID-19 certificate. The only accepted test is a SARS-CoV 2 Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) performed within 72 hours prior to departure (meaning travelers must be tested and get results within 3 days of their first flight). Other tests, such as Rapid Diagnostics Tests (RDTs), are not accepted. Please note that COVID-19 test is not mandatory for accompanied children under 5 years.
- Fully vaccinated travelers and children below 18 years will no longer be required to quarantine at designated hotels upon arrival but will be required to self-isolate and wait for the results at home or at booked hotel. Arriving travelers must present a valid vaccination certificate showing their full vaccination status to be eligible for this exception.
Before leaving your destination/Airport, all visitors to Rwanda must fill out a passenger locator form and upload a copy of their COVID-19 test certificate using this link. https://travel.rbc.gov.rw/travel/formstart.php
- All travelers who are not vaccinated transiting for more than 12 hours through Rwanda will be screened upon entry and take a second RT-PCR test on arrival. Sample collection will be conducted at the airport upon arrival and passenger will wait for the results at the designated transit hotel. The COVID-19 Test Results for transiting passengers for more than 12 hours will be fast-tracked so that passengers can get the results before their next flight.
- All travelers transiting/connecting who are not leaving the airport and are in transit for less than 12 hours will be screened upon entry and not required to take a second test . This is not applicable for passengers transiting by land border. In this case, passengers will be tested using RT-PCR Test and wait for the results at the designated transit hotels before proceeding.
- All travelers will be tested for COVID-19 upon arrival at the airport and the payment of 60 USD (50USD for covid-19 test and 10USD for specific logistics to the airport) will be done as indicated in the passenger locator form. For passengers who opt for a cash payment at arrival, change will be given in local currency (Rwf). Travelers who do not use the payment methods in the Passenger Locator Form may be required to pay again at arrival and claim a refund for any previous payment made.
Screening on arrival
Screening procedures are in place for coronavirus at all entry points.
Exit from Rwanda
- All travelers departing from Rwanda must test negative for COVID-19. The only accepted test is a SARS-CoV 2 Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) performed within 72 hours before departure. Other tests, such as Rapid Diagnostics Tests (RDTs), are not accepted. COVID-19 Test is not mandatory for accompanied children under 5 years. We encourage travelers to register and pay for their tests at least 2 days prior to departure through the online platform available on www.rbc.gov.rw
- Travelers are advised to check with airlines about the COVID-19 requirements with final destination and/or transiting countries if required.
- Travelers are not allowed to go to the airport without negative COVID-19 PCR test results, if the results are not yet out within 48 hours as mentioned above, please contact RBC-Laboratory HELP DESK on (+250) 787243836 or (+250) 787793446 or (+250) 784026239.
- If travelers test results are positive for COVID-19 (even if asymptomatic) while in Rwanda, they will be treated as indicated in the National Covid-19 Management Guidelines until they have fully recovered, at their own cost. We encourage all travelers to have international travel insurance.